- About ID&A
ID+A is more than a place to work. Our team ranges from 1 to 35 years of working and playing together. In between discussing projects, there are always lunch plans and shared experiences. We hope to hear from you soon!
Designer - Nashville, TN
Create artistic and functional designs for every market ID+A serves. Keep your skills sharp and flex your muscles in healthcare, education, corporate and hospitality clients. Spend your time with a real team that learns, plays and works together to create new paths to the future for your clients and yourself.
- Creativity | Approach projects and ideas with innovation while displaying original thinking and creativity.
- Research | Communicate with product vendors, manufacturers, peers, and representatives regularly to ensure broad knowledge of current research, products, trends, and technology in the market.
- Schematic Design | Form and explore block plans, furniture layouts, legends and key plans that can be developed with the project team and client.
- Design Development | Participate in design concept and furniture planning with client and project team input to determine final design decisions that best suite project needs and requirements.
- Specification | Generate pricing specifications for account executives using CAP 2020 and CET software. Produce elevations, renderings, finish plans, presentations, power and data location plans, and furniture floor plans, as well as various schedules and project specific notes.
- Installation Drawings | Create installations packets with specifications and drawings. As needed attend construction progress meetings including conducting on-site observations of work during construction to monitor compliance with project documentation and progress. Review shop drawings and project submittals for accuracy, omissions, and legibility. Perform in-house design checks for colleagues. Travel to clients both locally and nationally may be required.
- Firm Marketing | Confidently prepare both virtual and physical design presentations for clients. Assist account executives and sales team to win new business and service existing clients.
- Team Mentality | Proactively contribute to overall success of team and projects by adhering to standards of excellence in interior design and execution. Collaborate with project coordinators and project managers to ensure client satisfaction.
NCIDQ Certification Required
Project Manager - Contract Furniture/Specialty Contractor - Nashville, TN
At ID+A, a Project Manager is at the center of our Customer Fulfillment Process. That means you are indispensable to the development and execution of a great customer experience!
ID+A is a Specialty Contractor whose business is the planning, design and creation of our customer's corporate, health and learning spaces. We possess in-house expertise in design, pre-fab construction, furniture, fixtures & equipment and technical services. Our customers come to us because they want one point of contact for the design and execution of their interior projects.
A Project Manager must demonstrate the following skills:
- Basic computer skills with MS Word & Excel required, as well as the ability to learn and use ID&A’s Daily Business Operating System.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written format with designers, contractors and customer contacts. Familiarity with using business email to communicate with text and documents is required.
- Must prepare scope of work and scope verification, installation budget, project timelines, activity sequencing, project status reports and meeting minutes.
- Basic understanding of contract management, including estimating, budgeting, controlling and tracking expenses. Able to perform budget analysis at job completion.
- Responsible for helping maximize profit from installation work, through seeking cost reduction, cost control, negotiating change orders when appropriate, and helping to increase revenue.
- Develop and manage project team, including sales and design.
- Assumes project risk management to identify, analyze and respond to challenges on the job in the timeliest and most cost-effective manner.
- Must be skilled in reading specifications/drawings.
- Structured management of project beginning to end.
- Responsible for final walk through, punch list resolution and customer satisfaction at job completion.
- Responsible for training ID&A’s installation subcontractors on our Receiving, Delivery, Installation and Punch List Processes.
Project Manager reports to Operations on a functional basis, and to location team leader on a project-specific basis and works closely with sales and design personnel. The PM is responsible for quoting installation for projects with furniture products and reworks of existing furniture. The PM is involved from design concept to final installation and billing. They will coordinate installation personnel, trucks and deliveries with Project Coordinator, and/or installation subcontractors. Attendance at project meetings internally and with customer or contractor is necessary, with minutes/notes and status reports distributed to all involved. Also arranges for other trades or specific equipment if needed. Gantt charting and other project planning documentation may be required on specific jobs. Developing scope of work and contract/budget management is a primary focus. Will be negotiating installation costs with subcontractors and oversee installation projects. Will manage change orders and punch lists with customers and follow through to invoicing. Some work outside of normal business hours may be required. Travel may be required. Must be physically capable to visit job sites before/during/after construction, remodeling and installation.
View Open Positions
Interested in joining the team? Check out our current job openings.